Friday, October 28, 2011

So many things so little time...

For internet that is. Once again my lack of posts is in no way reflective of the amount of work being accomplished in apartment R this year. I do have a large post planned for landscape painting (again) and illustrative drawing but I have so much work due this upcoming Tuesday I wouldn't expect them till a little later.
In the meantime here's the most recent project for C.F. Payne's class (Illustration Styles and Concepts). The assignment was meant to establish lighting for photographing reference and working from that. It was also meant to build on our previous assignment (master studies of portraits- John Singer Sargent and Dean Cornwell were my choices, shown in that order):



So for this most recent assignment we had to shoot good reference and create a portrait of a character from a novel/graphic novel. I wound up doing Arthur Dent from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I'm rather happy with how it turned out (especially color-wise).

No comments:

Post a Comment