Monday, March 7, 2011

Advertising, what you doin'?

Hrmm, I know I've complained here and there about advertising class but today I feel like I got slammed with a full-on wtf fest.
I won't go into detail because it'd probably bore half of you to death and enrage the other half so we'll just go with "this class is really silly and I haven't learned a thing".
Either way we got an in-class exercise to do- basically create an illustration for a short story she had printed out. I don't know who wrote it and it didn't even have a title but it was basically a really preachy teenage-level Philip K. Dick rip off. It was painful.
ANYwho, I could rant all day about the quality of the story (which I probably will- to those of you who know me in real life I apologize in advance) but I feel like it spawned a decent little cover comp so figured I'd share.
(yeah I spelled his name with an extra "L" *forever ashamed :( *)
-insert some moral about how a terrible idea can still spawn some decent designs-

In other news we're pretty much in the finals run of school now so expect some very in depth process posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment